Friday, January 24, 2014

DIY... Home Decor

Hey Beauties, I hope you guys had an amazing week. For me it was a DIY home decor week. As you guys know I moved to to another state and I thought it was a great time to change some of my homes decor, but hey I'm on a budget and sometimes things can be really expensive.  One of those things was a dresser/credenza for my Family room. We decided to convert the family room into a sort of home movie theater. I loved the idea but looking at things getting the room together would be really expensive. That's when I decided on taking this project.

My husband and I wanted the room to be fun. So for our color palette we decided on Grey, Red and Zebra Print. Ohh Yes he let me throw in a lil bit of my favorite print into this room and that makes me super happy. lol

Anyways we were looking for the credenza in here:Zebra Print Dresser

 

That's the dresser we were looking at but if you look at the price its way to high. This is my inspiration......

What you will need.

2 cans of spray primer
1 pint of Black paint
1 roll of contact paper
8 clear drawer nobs
1 old dresser.

This was my daughters baby dresser so when we got her her new bedroom set for her Birthday we were going to throw this one out. I decided to recycle it and make this beauty. I will show you photos of before and after now I hope you guys like them.





 

With the contact paper you are going to wrap the face of the drawers. You can use hot glue on the corners to make sure they dont move.

Prime the dresser. Let it dry for about and hour or so.

 

Paint the dresser using the black paint. I did 2 coats of it just in case and I let it dry about 45 minutes between coats.


 

This is when I had the little movie area done. I'm very happy with the results and I even like it more than the original.

Ohh before I forget this lil project was only $22, isnt that awesome! Let me know what you guys think! Do you guys like DIYs?

Besos
Runnie


No comments:

Powered By Blogger